Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Danielle Armstrong wears Shelley Menton


I was over the moon when Dani from Amasis asked me to make her a dress for oxegen 2010. Such a beautiful talented woman I jumped at the chance. Over some deep fried brie in Christys we discussed looks and ideas and came up with the idea of a leather dress. Having never used leather I was well up for the challenge. I sourced a couple of skins from london and nearly died with excitement the day they arrived. A few technical set backs slowed me down and left me under pressure for the deadline but I was determined and confident to finish. I was more nervous about the fitting than I was for my degree show, luckily it went smoothly. I was so happy with the finished piece. Dani rocked it too. Shelley Menton is officially open for business xx

No comments:

Post a Comment